Lebanese Labor Law
HR professionals working in Lebanon should have a thorough understanding of the Lebanese code of labor and should abide by it. Although they should always refer to a lawyer in case of specific inquiries, HR professionals should be able to answer employees’ basic questions related to the labor law and to develop HR policies and procedures that are aligned with the Lebanese code of labor
This course will appeal to a wide range of audiences and is intended for HR and Managers.
Upon completion of workshop participants will be able to:
- Understand the background of the Lebanese code of labor.
- Familiarize the major employer/employee rights and obligations.
- Identify the components of the Labor Law.
1. Background of The Lebanese Code of Labour
- Framework of The Lebanese Code of Labour
- Initial Text of The Lebanese Code of Labour
- Amendments to The Lebanese Code of Labour
- Over View Of CNSS Regulations Directly Linked to The Labour Law
2. Basic Components of The Lebanese Code of Labour
- Work Contract (Definite and Indefinite Term)
- Working Hours
- Salary (Basic, Additions, Fringe Benefits, Bonus, Etc…)
- Warnings & Notice Periods
- Termination (Discharging, Resignation, Unlawful Termination)
- Employer Rights and Obligations
- Employee Rights and Obligations
- Unions & Syndicates
- Collective Work Contract
3. Frequently Asked Questions Regarding the Lebanese Code of Labour
- Answering Concerns and Issues.
- Learning Concepts/Presentations
- Group Activities and Discussions
- Tips and Tools
- Individual and Team Exercises
- Role Plays/Case Studies
- Educational Videos
- Action Plan to ensure Application of the Learning