Learning and Development
Training needs analysis is effectively a skills gap analysis. The main aim is to find out the current state and formulate a desired state. The difference between the two states will lead you to identify the gap and plan a training program that addresses it.
This course will appeal to a wide range of audiences and is intended for HR Professionals.
Upon completion of workshop participants will be able to:
- Initiate a TNA
- Apply TNA
- Specify Inputs and Outputs of a TNA
- Specify the Stages of a TNA
- Specify the Training plan
- Evaluate the Training progress
1. The Introduction
- What is Training Needs Analysis (TNA)
- TNA Triggers
2. How does Training Needs Analysis Work?
- TNA Data Collection tools
- Stages of a TNA
- Putting the Training Plan
3. Focusing the Training
- Performing a Needs Assessment
- Creating Learning Objectives
- Drilling Down into Content
4. Creating an Evaluation Plan
- What Will We Evaluate?
- When Will the Evaluation Be Completed?
- How Will We Evaluate It?
- Who Will Perform the Evaluation?
5. Assessing Learning after Training
- Evaluation Timelines
- Learning Journal
- Goal Setting
- Additional Methods of Evaluation
6. Calculating the Return on Investment (ROI)
- A Basic ROI Formula
- Identifying and Measuring Tangible Benefits
- Identifying and Measuring Intangible Benefits
- Calculating Total Costs
- Making a Business Case
- Learning Concepts/Presentations
- Group Activities and Discussions
- Tips and Tools
- Individual and Team Exercises
- Role Plays/Case Studies
- Educational Videos
- Action Plan to ensure Application of the Learning